Principal Consultant, Developer
and Trainer's Professional Profile
Eng. Mohamad Amin Saad,
the company's Founder, President & Prinicipal Consultant, Trainer and Developer,
has over 33 years of hands-on industrial experience, mainly gained from direct and effective involvement in various aspects of project
management, designing, starting-up, trouble-shooting and optimizing the operation and performance of tens of brackish and seawater water
desalination reverse osmosis (RO) membrane plants around the world. These plants include some of the largest and most strategic RO plants in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Kuwait, Malta, and the United States. Eng. Saad is heavily experienced, and currently involved in monitoring, identifying and implementing effective control methods for biological and other fouling development, as well as optimizing the operation and performance of these plants, some of which are or will be the largest in the world. He has developed a unique
SMARTTM technology and software systemS, licensed as
that measures and monitors the early fouling development in water desalination and purification membrane systems in real-time and calculates an on-line
that serves as a unique, and reliable early-warning fouling indicator.
Eng. Saad's educational background is highlighted by an M. Sc. & B. Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, USA, and a B. Sc. Chemistry from the American University in Cairo, Egypt.
His accomplished professional career spanning over 35 years features hands-on international industrial membrane technology expertise &
proven track record with several distinguished water desalination, industrial waste water treatment and environmental industry leaders and pioneers.
Besides his own company, MASAR Technologies, Inc., first established in 1996, he held key positions with:
1. DuPont De Nemour Membrane Industry - USA, Middle East, Europe & India.
2. Aqua-Chem - USA.
3. Biosphere 2® Environmental Project - Arizona, USA.
4. ACWA Power International - Saudi Arabia.
5. BOWAREGE International - Saudi Arabia.
6. ACWA Power Barka - Oman.
Eng. Saad is a leading industry trainer on
Membrane Desalination Technologies in Practice Training Courses & Workshops for plant end-users, Operators, Engineers & Industry professionals. He trained over 700 industrial professionals in courses & workshops held at such international venues as:
1. Bi-Annual IDA's World Congresses on Desalination & Water Re-use: Bahrain, the Bahamas,
Singapore, Grand Canaries, Spain & Dubai, UAE.
2. Annual Saudi Water & Power Forum: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
3. Annual EDS EuroMed and the Environment Conferences: Morocco, Malta & Egypt.
4. The Middle East Desalination Research Center (MEDRC): Sultanate of Oman.
As well as short, customized courses for O&M personnel of such prestigious organizations as:
1. Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA) & Abu Dhabi Water Department, United Arab Emirates.
2. Ministry of Water & Electricity, Kingdom of Bahrain.
3. Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
4. Riyadh Water & Sewage Department (RWSD), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
5. Saudi ARAMCO, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
6. Buraidah Water Department, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
7. The Utility Company of Jubail and Yanbu (MARAFIQ), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
He authored over 20 international technical publications to date - View List of Eng. Saad's Publications
His professional associations include:
1. The International Desalination Association (IDA) - USA.
2. The American Water Works Association (AWWA) - USA.
3. The European Desalination Society (EDS) - Italy.
4. Middle East Desalination Research Center (MEDRC) - Sultanate of Oman.
5. King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
6. Arab Science & Technology Foundation (ASTF) - UAE.
7. Arab Water World Magazine (AWW) - Lebanon.
8. The Water Quality Improvement Center (WQIC) - US Bureau of Reclamation, USA.
9. The Arab Healthy Water Association (AHWA) - Egypt.
Contact M.A. Saad
Qualifications & Consulting Services Profile
View/Download Developer's Profile