Request a License Quote
DuPont's Testimonial Letter
IDA2015 Paper: The SMART Solution
This innovative technology has been extensively field-tested and proven as an effective solution to the most critical problem facing membrane technology applications: membrane fouling. The software has been tested and used at over 35 brackish and seawater RO, NF, MF and UF plants around the world
(view partial list)
including such prestigous organizations as:
1. DuPont Desalination Industry
2. Saudi Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC)
3. Saudi ARAMCO South Australia Water Corp.
4. Bahrain's Ministry of Electricity & Water
5. Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (ADWEA), UAE
6. Dubai Water & Electricity Authority, UAE (DEWA)
7. Sharjah Water & Electricity Authority, UAE (SEWA)
8. Riyadh Water & Sewerage Authority, Saudi Arabia (RWSA)
9. ACWA Power International, Saudi Arabia
10. Malta Desalination Services, USA
11. Orange County Water District (OCWD), California, USA
12. West Basin Water District, California, USA
13. Intel and Motorola, Arizona, USA
14. ABB Controls, Italy/India
15. Betz Dearborn, USA
and many others.
The following are a few key expamples of the SMARTTM technology and MASAR® software testimonials by major players in the industry.
1. DuPont's "Permasep Products": The world's pioneering membrane desalination developer and manufacturer tested the software under a special beta-test agreement for 9 months, resulting in its approval and use at its RO plants expressed in an
2. South Australia Water Corporation: The software was licensed for use at a Penneshaw SWRO Pilot RO plant to allow continuous measurement and monitoring of induced membrane fouling with varying chemical treatments in real time. A
techncial paper was subsequently presented and published at the IDA World Congress on Desalination and Water Reuse held in Gran Canarias, Spain, in 2007
3. Port Hueneme Water Agency (PHWA) : The software was used with operating data from a brackish RO and a NF trains running side by side at the City of Port Hueneme’s Brackish Water Reclamation Demonstration Facility. Only raw data were provided as requested by us without revealing any membrane fouling or performance history. The results of the evaluation revealed the onset of biological fouling in both trains with common pre-treatment but singled out the NF train as lagging in performance (measured by the software as the magnitude of Fouling Monitor) versus the RO train when the chlorine disinfectant was replaced by chloramine. The case history was subsequently presented and published jointly by the plant's manager and us in a
at the World of Water Conference in Las Vegas in 2001.
4. Plant Case Histories: Several brackish and seawater RO plants documented the unique results of our software evaluation based on extensive operating data provided by them.
Optimizing Membrane Plants
SMART Software Optimizes Membrane Plants
SMART Software Menu Chart