1. MEMBRANE PLANT FOULING MANAGEMENT
A. Objectives & Criteria of Effective and Comprehensive Fouling Management.
B. Membrane fouling potential & sources.
C. Identification of classic Types of fouling:
1. Biological Fouling.
2. Organic & TEP Fouling.
3. Colloidal & Iron Fouling.
2. FOULING, PERFORMANCE MONITORING & MEASUREMENT
A. Trending vs. Real-Time Fouling Measurement & Monitoring.
B. SWRO/NF Flux Decline & UF/MF Permeability Performance.
C. SMARTTM Technology: The Innovative Solution.
D. Fouling & Non-Fouling Plant Case Studies.
3. MEMBRANE FOULING DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS
A. Seven Golden Rules of Troubleshooting.
B. Seven Practical Diagnostic Techniques.
4. MEMBRANE AUTOPSY & INSPECTION DEMONSTRATION
A. Practical demonstration of a Fouled SWRO Membrane Element.
B. Demonstration of Membrane Sampling, Fouling inspection and Testing.
5. OPEN DISCUSSION, FEEDBACK & QUESTIONS
The course’s format combines formal presentations and group interactive discussions and experience-sharing to encourage proactive participation via questions, input and feedback, and maximize trainee benefits. The last part of the course session features hands-on demonstrations of a fouled membrane autopsy, fouling inspection and identification.
Who Should Attend?
Recommended level of experience is 1-5 years direct involvement in any aspect of membrane fouling or technology research, studies, evaluations, troubleshooting, experimentation and/or operations. What you learn from the MASAR Course experience will not be anything you could be taught by any available standard classroom, academic or on-line training courses.
The MASAR course is designed and conducted by Engineer Mohamad Amin Saad, President and Principal Consultant & Trainer of MASAR Technologies, Inc., with head offices in the United States. Mr. Saad, a graduate of Georgia Tech with a B.S. and M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, as well as a B.S. in Chemistry from the American University, is one of the water desalination industry's leading, most recognized and experienced experts and trainers in the world. He has extensive technical expertise and field training experience in the water desalination and membrane technology industry having worked or was heavily involved in over 50 RO and UF plants for over 35 years, especially in designing, monitoring, optimizing and trouble-shooting tens of key brackish, seawater and industrial wastewater RO, UF and other membrane plants around the globe, especially in the Middle East, Europe and the United States. Over 700 desalination industry professionals have been trained by MASAR courses and workshops led by Eng. Saad since 2002, and hundreds more as part of his job functions at various companies such as DuPont, ACWA Power International and its project companies since 1983.
MASAR Training Course Registration Fees:
(Register BEFORE 31 December, 2018)
A. Industry/Academia: US$400 /trainee.
B. Full-time Students: (with proof): US$200 /trainee.
(AFTER 31 December, 2018 and up to April 2, 2019)
A. Industry/Academia: US$500 /trainee.
B. Full-time Students: (with proof): US$250 /trainee.
III. Others: All same day walk-ins: US$600 /trainee.
(A Group rate is available and applies when a minimum FOUR trainees are registered and paid for in full at the same time by the same organization).
Course Group Rate Request
A 5% administrative charge will be added to the above fees.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds after February 11, 2019 - registrant substitution is allowed if notified by March 31, 2019, to allow for updating the attendee's registration and certificate.
If you are not able to attend or substitute with someone, and notify us by March 31, 2019 by email, we will send your Course CD-ROM to your mailing address within 2 weeks after the course. A PDF version of the Workbook will also be emailed to you.
To register for the course and the conference, click here: MASAR Course Registration
Your registration fee includes:
1. A comprehensive, Course CD-ROM, with all presentation slides, relevant technical publications by the course leader, useful references and on-line resources. It is designed with web-style links, colorful graphics and illustrations for on-the-job continuing education and reference by plant operators, engineers, supervisors, consultants, vendors and others.
2. An illustrative printed Course Workbook with copies of all presentation slides for presentation reference and note-taking, questions, etc., during the course and afterwards (no written details included).
3. Certificate of Completion presented to qualified and pre-registered trainees who attend the entire course.
4. Coffee/refreshments/snacks with one 15-min session break half-way into afternoon.
Web Site Design and Content © MASAR Technologies, Inc., USA, 1999-2018. All rights reserved.